BANOFFEE PIE - IN A JAR
Yet another Valentine's Eve. -- Another simple recipe this time to add to the delight of the occasion -- From young couples to old, Happy Valentine's Day !!! What else should I say ?? !!!
Banoffee Pie is of English origin and typically made with Bananas, Cream and Toffee prepared from Condensed milk/ Dulce de leche on a pastry base. The base could be digestive biscuits or crackers. If you want to make Dulce de leche yourself at home, then its a really long affair. Click here to know more about Dulce de leche.
I replaced the pastry layer with coarse nut powder as there was no stock of biscuits and made use of some Eclairs to make the Toffee layer. I made a single serving and hence chose a jar for this. Follow this simple version for fabulous results.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Chilling Time: 2 hr
Cuisine : English
Level : Easy
Serves : 1
Source : Singly Scrumptious
4 tbsp heavy cream
4 to 5 toffees/ eclairs
2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)
1 tsp butter
Few Almonds and Cashew nuts
2 small ripe Bananas cut into coins
- Coarsely powder Almonds, Cashew and 1 tbsp chocolate chips. Its OK to have one or two pieces of nuts here and there. Press 3/4th of this powder into the jar to form the bottom layer.
- Combine heavy cream and condensed milk and beat for 2 mins. Pour half of this mixture on top of the nut layer.
- Top this layer with half of the Banana coins.
- Add some nut mixture.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1 tsp Butter+1 tbsp Chocolate chips+ 4 to 5 Eclairs for 30 secs ( power high) to form a sticky sauce. Mix well. Pour this on top of the bananas.
- Top with 1 tsp condensed milk if required and finish the layer with the remaining banana, nut powder and chocolate chips until you reach the top.
- All done now. Refrigerate for 2 hrs and serve.
- Delicious !!!
- Be careful while handling the toffee sauce. It can cause nasty burns.