COLD COFFEE MILKSHAKE - FI(EE)LLING CHILL !!
The heat in Singapore is getting intense and so it is around the globe. Heard about the ensuing heatwave in South India.
You can see Summer recipes screaming all over the print and social media. Most of them are Mangoes though. Thanks to all those one and 2-minute food videos that go viral within seconds to amplify food cravings. As a result...... give in and make some chill thrills to treat yourselves, family members and friends. Let us admit that it is difficult to play the health freak all the time. Indulgence is part of being human. Agree? Agreed.
Now for the recipe. I am actually a traditional hot Filter Coffee @Kaapi lover and wouldn't accept any alternative form. But this was a winner. It so happened after I tried a Salted Caramel Latte at Starbucks that was a huge hit during the X-Mas and New Year this December. I liked their cold coffee version and had been wanting to recreate something like that at home. A medley of strongly brewed Coffee (Coffee Ice cubes), Vanilla Ice cream, Vanilla, Cold Milk with a hint of chocolate makes a heavenly Cold Caffeine slurp. I had to be swift with the shots. I had planned the setup ahead but couldn't help the ice cubes and ice cream from sinking and melting like lightning. Nevertheless, I loved the cloudy self rippling effect above and throughout.
Preparation Time: 5 min, 10 min if using filter coffee extract
Whipping time: 3 min
Category: Drink/ Smoothies/ Milk Shakes
Difficulty level: Easy
Source : Adapted from Here
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 12 g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 7 g||37 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 47 mg||16 %|
|Sodium 146 mg||6 %|
|Potassium 120 mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 44 g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||6 %|
|Sugars 38 g|
|Protein 6 g||13 %|
|Vitamin A||1 %|
|Vitamin C||1 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- 1/4 cup strongly brewed filter coffee extract/ Instant coffee extract
- 2 scoops of Homemade Vanilla ice cream or store bought Vanilla ice cream ( more for topping)
- 200 ml Fresh/ Low fat/ Full cream
- 2+1 tbsp Chocolate syrup/ Melted chocolate
- 2 tsp icing sugar/ raw sugar/ brown sugar ( optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Pour coffee extract into ice cube trays and freeze to set them into ready made cubes. Use as and when required.
- Get your serving glasses ready. Preferably tall or stout ones that are good enough to hold a bigger volume. Leave it in the refrigerator until you use it.
- In a mixer blender, add about 6-7 coffee ice cubes, vanilla, ice cream, 1 tbsp chocolate syrup, sugar, salt and milk.
- Blend until it combines and froths well.
- Bring out the glasses. Drizzle a tbsp each of chocolate inside to smear all over the inner surface of the glasses.
- Quickly divide the coffee shake into each of the serving glass. Top up with more ice cream and chocolate drizzle. Serve immediately.
- For a stronger coffee flavour, add one or two coffee cubes extra while serving. It will infuse slight bitterness as you drink.
- For those who want a lighter flavour, make a coffee extract that has medium strength. You will require to pour little more water to make a lighter extract.
- For a vegan version replace the dairy and ice cream with any nut milk, vegan ice cream of your choice.