NO BAKE CHOCOLATE-PEANUT BUTTER BARS
I am so glad that I prepared this recipe. Way beyond my expectation for the first trial. The recipe source is from Here. I urge you all to try this out and am sure your family will be excited and happy. This makes a great summer snack for your kids and to satiate your mid-morning or afternoon snack cravings.
Preparation Time: 20 min
Setting time: 2 hrs min
Category: Snack/ Sweet
Difficulty Level: Very easy
Yields : 21
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 9 g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 3 g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 8 mg||3 %|
|Sodium 24 mg||1 %|
|Potassium 31 mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||4 %|
|Sugars 4 g|
|Protein 2 g||4 %|
|Vitamin A||2 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
For the Base
- 200 gm Digestive Biscuits
- 70 gm unsalted melted butter
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 200 gm semi-sweet chocolate (55%-70% cocoa)
- 4-5 tbsp creamy peanut butter (divide into two portions)
- Line an 8 x 8 inch square inch with parchment paper. Slightly grease it before lining. This helps to keep it intact.
- Pulse the biscuits until it resembles wet sand. Add melted butter, peanut butter, vanilla and pulse again till it forms a smooth dough that can be rolled out smooth.
- Transfer this to the cake pan and push and spread it out with your finger tips until leveled, smooth and firm. Use a spatula to smooth out the top. Transfer this to the refrigerator to firm up while you work with the chocolate.
- In a double boiler/bain-marie gently melt chocolate and one half of the creamy peanut butter until smooth and runny.
- Pour this on top of the biscuit base. Spread it out to the edges to cover the layer completely. Set aside.
- Melt the other divided portion also over the double boiler and randomly spoon this on top of the chocolate layer immediately.
- Use a bread knife or fork or tooth pick to gently swirl the peanut butter layer with the chocolate layer to create patterns.
- Set this in the refrigerator for 2 hrs minimum.
- Slice into bars/ squares of desired size using a sharp knife. Enjoy. Alternately you can also freeze it to set. Ensure to secure the top with foil if storing in freezer and thaw or few minutes before you eat.
- Always store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.