DOODH PEDA - 2 Minute Microwave Recipe - Learn how to make Doodh Peda / Milk Fudge in the microwave
I have a big craving for milk sweets and cannot resist it. When I was blog-hopping one day, I found something very interesting on Pavani's space. I was so impressed with the pictures that it immediately brought back fond childhood memories of eating Doodh peda from Pulla Reddy Sweets (a popular sweet shop chain in Hyderabad). I almost concluded that the recipe would require hours of stirring milk on a stove top while I scrolled only to realize that the preparation time was minimal. The pictures looked so tongue-drawing that I pushed myself to attempt it with whatever stock was left. My family and I were enjoying this delightful fudge within minutes.
Preparation Time: 1 min
Cooking Time: 2 min ( or less)
Level: Very easy
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 3 g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 1 g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 11 mg||4 %|
|Sodium 27 mg||1 %|
|Potassium 69 mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||0 %|
|Sugars 9 g|
|Protein 3 g||6 %|
|Vitamin A||2 %|
|Vitamin C||1 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- 200 ml Condensed milk ( Full cream/ Low fat)
- 3/4 th cup + 1 tsp Milk powder( Full cream /Skimmed)
- 1 tbsp butter/ ghee
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- Melt the butter in a microwave bowl for 30 seconds.
- To this, add condensed milk and milk powder and mix well with a spatula until no lumps are seen.
- Pop this into the microwave and cook for 1 minute. You can see the mixture bubble up. Remove and mix well. You will notice that the mixture should have thickened and condensed at this stage.
- Add cardamom powder. Mix well and again pop it back into the microwave and cook for 20- 30 seconds. Remove, stir, put it back into the microwave and repeat until you notice that the mixture looks like a thickened porous paste.
- There it ends !!
- When you notice that the mixture has thickened, condensed and come together, leave it on the counter top to cool a bit.
- When the mixture is warm, roll into small smooth balls, flatten it and make a dent in the center. Cool and store in an airtight container.
- The time mentioned above is based on my microwave (1200 W). You may need to adjust cook timings based on your Microwave power. If you feel that your mixture is runny or pasty, cook it further until it thickens.
- Infuse different flavours by adding Cocoa powder, Rose essence and Saffron strands to innovate the basic recipe.